Thursday, October 11, 2007

You Tube. Endless Possibilities

I really didn’t really discover You Tube until the destruction that Hurricane Katrina caused.

When FEMA did not help and President Bush was on vacation until the hurricane was over, there were all kind of political clips and tapes against Bush.

The first thing I saw a political rap against Bush and after that, my eyes were open to You Tube.

I am also am in a fraternity and I can see all kind of clips and film of step shows and events that we were in.

After that it I was open to all things from comedy clips to dance videos. You Tube has such an endless possibility of learning and seeing different types of things out there in the world.

It is like another news source without all of the rules and limitations as CNN and FOXNEWS.

It is always another way to get in touch and see what is going on in different states and countries.

However, for me it is sometimes hard to watch it because I do not have a computer and now earphones. When I clicked on the link to see our assignment, I had to call around to see if I can use one of my friends’ lab tops.

It also can ad to projects and assignments. A lot of my teachers use it for lectures and in my business classes it is always used for projects. It makes work easier for students as well as teachers.

It is hard to really experience “The Tube” without the proper equipment because you miss out on the sound and when there is know sound, usually there is know story you can so off of when a person is watching something.

It is like watching a television show on mute, trying to enjoy it.

The last thing I saw on the You Tube was a link connected to the link that was sent to us for our assignment. I was a 20second clip of this guy kissing and licking on this woman feet, and it is crazy because how does a weird guy kissing on a woman feet have any relation to a journalism assignment.

Endless possibilities.

1 comment:

Michael J. Fitzgerald said...

This column surprised me with the ending - which is good for any column. A strong finish helps and in this case helped what was a pretty standard column about YouTube.

The column was also helped by the writer using personal experience at the beginning to get started, though the writer's problems with computer access - however serious - don't help the column along.

Also, watch out for words like ad, when what's meant is 'add.'